RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 05-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Wasnt there a Challenge Magazine article about a bunch of Russian officers who broke out of a prison they were being held in somewhere in New Jersey?
"A Rock in Troubled Waters" about the Coast Guard base at Cape May, NJ. Not sure where the Russians were being held (Ft. Dix?) but speaking of prisons and prisoners, Northwest of Cape May is a large prison farm--Bayside, near Leesburg/Maurice River. Here is where the select low-risk state inmates grow vegetables and raise livestock for milk and meat, for their own usage and for other operations in the state.
https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2017/0...state_inm.html
I imagine it could have several inmates remaining working there to ensure they have a steady source of food--interesting potential negotiations/interactions between MilGov and the Farm with security patrols traded for steady supply of rations for the Base. Perhaps the PCs might be stationed there as part of their military duty.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
FYI its almost impossible to fully find everything - there is always stuff that can be found - and I bet the evidence lockers would get overlooked by most people <SNIP> Even most of the destroyed armories were picked over by salvage parties or looters, but there are pockets of police weapons and ammo still remaining in the ruins of police stations.
Speaking of pockets, would officers store firearms (backups guns, etc) in something other than a station gun safe/armory? Say, buried deep in their personal locker wrapped up in a towel or similarly camoflaged? Asking out of severe lack of policy/procedure in real-life law-enforcement operations.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
Speaking of pockets, would officers store firearms (backups guns, etc) in something other than a station gun safe/armory? Say, buried deep in their personal locker wrapped up in a towel or similarly camoflaged? Asking out of severe lack of policy/procedure in real-life law-enforcement operations.
Can't speak for elsewhere but it's absolutely never going to happen in Australia!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 05-23-2020, 12:35 AM
Registered Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Can't speak for elsewhere but it's absolutely never going to happen in Australia!
Yeah, some of the police stations in Australia don't even have personal lockers for individual officers. A lot of them don't even have specific storage, everything that needs secure storage would be sent to a regional headquarters or similar large facility (every police station will have at least a gun safe for issued firearms & ammo but not necessarily a purpose built secure storage room let alone any sort of armoury).
Old 05-24-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
If you are talking about at the station, then I can only speak for those I worked for but for the most part I would say no (I say most part as when I was attached to the State Department overseas we put them in our dresser or whatnot when we were not on duty and in our residence, outside the residence we were expected to be armed so they were on us/rifles in locked office or armored vehicle). Now if you are talking about at their residence then I would say depending on location but between almost certain to no way in heck.