RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
talking to Marc - HW is canon but he is open to some mods to the canon - so will see what can be done - I think Loren went way way way too far - and ignored many of the previous modules as to dates and events in them that HW is contradicting - and any canon is only as good as its relevance to earlier releases - so if Ozarks is released earlier and contradicts HW then HW can be overruled in that aspect

Ozarks basically states that the 49th is intact and that Armies of the Night succeeded in MilGov being able to at least get some foothold into NYC as to where the characters might have come from to play it - plus the timeline clearly is different then what is in HW - so there is precedent for saying HW can be ignored in some ways based on previous canon to some extent
I'm sure what ever you do to HW to fix the huge list of issues would be great... IE i would get a copy of it (if it was fixed) and i'm not an active player. could you list it as HWv2 or HW updated?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:33 AM
Banned

I dont think you will ever see an official HW revision or modification except fan canon like my Olefin Universe thread - but having followups released that follow other earlier released canon modules as to timeline and events and thus "correct" HW is a distinct possibility - i.e. like having the aforementioned 28th Infantry march as a unit to PA to try to put the state back together

Or for that matter the fact that HW was published before the Last Submarine Trilogy was completed - and thus had no mention whatsoever of the sub making it home with the two scientists and their way to generate power - that is a big possible change right there

Boomer was released several months after HW by Loren - he had to be working on it at the same time - that omission is a big one for sure in HW - getting even a single power station of that type on line means you have power to pump water out of rivers or underground reservoirs, recharge batteries, etc. - and they would be getting home in time to make a big difference in the timeline

obviously he couldnt put it in HW about the end of Boomer - both Med Cruise and Boomer were still in development and hadnt been released - getting that sub home with those scientists is a game and timeline changer - so right there is one way to change and update HW "legally" - because those events definitely occur AFTER April 2001
Old 06-02-2017, 10:07 AM

Olefin...

That reminds me of one of the big problems I had with HW, and the Twilight 2000 setting...nuclear power plants.

These were situated away from other targets and would have been vital for recovery efforts. No need to drill for oil and gas. I've always seen these a priority for governments (national, regional, local) to secure and protect and use as bases for recovery efforts.