RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2017, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Lee View Post
Consimworld for this series shows that a Dave Clark posted a Korean expansion for the TWW series, but the website is down. I've never played or seen it, myself. EDIT: Ah, it's here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...lI4Yl8td2NOdjA
I am a huge fan of the TWW series and would really like to try out the Korean Expansion. One thing that you can really see from the map is the compressed front. I think the German front is 25-30 hexes and the Korean one at some points is only 4. That is going to be some mean, close in, knife fighting right there.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I am a huge fan of the TWW series and would really like to try out the Korean Expansion. One thing that you can really see from the map is the compressed front. I think the German front is 25-30 hexes and the Korean one at some points is only 4. That is going to be some mean, close in, knife fighting right there.
So, not unlike Norway, maybe more so? There are several 1 & 2-hex bottlenecks there.

Oh, and I had just as much trouble putting down "Red storm rising" as I probably did in 1987. I finished it today.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:51 AM

There is also this computer wargame:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ProSIM/RT/RT_page.html
Old 07-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Lee View Post
So, not unlike Norway, maybe more so? There are several 1 & 2-hex bottlenecks there.
Yeah but the entire front is about 6 hexes wide and there are about 15 times as many units as in Norway. That type of forced unit density will make nuclear weapons really effective.

I don't think things bode well for the Korean Peninsula.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:50 AM

Progress report: we wrapped up PG, and are setting up the 3 European games. The Soviet players realized that there's a lot of Iran, and not a lot of units. I was able to use the Americans' mobility and airpower to isolate and wipe out the 2 strongest Soviet divisions on the map, and they ran away from eastern Iran, leaving the Americans and their local allies (Iraq, Saudi, Jordan) to close in on the more populous west.

We're going to switch sides as players, mostly since I am the most (only) experienced player, and IMO, in Germany, the Pact needs to push hard and fast to have any hope of winning. The game there, I think, is balanced towards NATO in the long run.