RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
You may need to address the situation one of my groups used a lot, the knock-out attack. As stated on p97, this is a called head shot with a non-lethal weapon on an unaware target. Currently, if it is a hit on the neck or head, the attack does normal SP damage and 2X damage directly to Endurance. Since you are scaling back the damage to match the lower SP/BP, you will need to up the factor of damage to Endurance or they will never knock anyone out.
Definitely something I gotta address. Hmmm I'll have to see what I can tweak there. Thoughts on the Traumatic wounds? I'll need to do some testing this weekend for sure.
Old 06-23-2021, 08:33 PM

First impressions on the traumatic wounds, I like them. I haven't run them through a simulation, but they seem reasonable on their face. I'll let you know if my opinion changes.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
First impressions on the traumatic wounds, I like them. I haven't run them through a simulation, but they seem reasonable on their face. I'll let you know if my opinion changes.
Glad to hear. I think they might be how I model various other forms of trauma such as Radiation sickness and hypothermia though I've gotta reread those entries and see what tweaks will be needed.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:56 PM

So a rough Explosives rule. Addtionally, there's now a hard limit on how many Traumatic injuries you can suffer before being dead outright.(10's of CON attribute).

EDIT: added in clarity on what Traumatic wounds will do if left untreated, a hard limit on how many a character can handle andwhat to do when a weapon that uses Traumatic Force damage hits.

Explosive: weapons that deal explosive forms of damage are treated as such: divide the Damage by 10. (Damage÷10)
This is the Trauma Factor(TF). Characters hit by such weapons immediately suffer that many Traumatic wounds. On vehicles they reduce its Structure by the net damage ÷10, or divide the Explosive armor value by Ten and apply the net damage of the new value- Trauma factor.

If the weapon has fragments, roll for a location for each hit except the first. This will always be whole body damage.

Last edited by knightofrubus; 06-25-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:03 AM

Changed some core math around(no need to multiply)
Added in what happens when you're lit on fire might need some further tweaks to that but should at least 'work'. The math changes came around after talking with the lead designer for 4th as it might be a direction the next edition eventually goes.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:29 AM

Hyper and hypothermia rules are now in. Also, removed the penalty from SP loss.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:50 PM

One last update as now Non-lethal damage is factored as is how automatic fire and a few other did bits operate. Calling it a tentative 'done' for now.