RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 10-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971
Default Map of the Shattered USA, Canada & Mexico

I have been wanting to do a map of the shattered united states, canada and mexico using everything we know about it.. especiall with the Great Salt Lake becoming the new inland sea called Lake Bonniville (and it is described as taking up a fourth of the state).

I've been hunting for decent maps that i can use to make the alterations to show new borders... ect.

If anyone can find some good maps of N. America that are large, have citities marked, state boarders, and the like. Thus it would be something that the Project would make up using the maps they had from pre-TEOTWAWKI Event.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 PM

Just a suggestion, but if you can find a copy of and old GURPs supplement called "The Horseclans", there is a great post oops map of the US, following several major earthquakes, some rising of sea levels, etc. I've used this a time or two, just to keep the players guessing of course!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
Just a suggestion, but if you can find a copy of and old GURPs supplement called "The Horseclans", there is a great post oops map of the US, following several major earthquakes, some rising of sea levels, etc. I've used this a time or two, just to keep the players guessing of course!
Sounds good to me.. i'll see what i can find!
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:37 AM

This is what i have so far...

This is just a really rough idea that i've been running with at the moment. I'll put numbers in soon as i can..

But you can see the large area covered by Allied States of America (aka "Maxwell's Militia")... and Krell Empire between it and the Confederation of American States (aka "The New Confederacies")... ASA and CAS are both loose confederations/alliances of states...

A few flags i've done. I have more, i just don't have them on my laptop at the moment.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Here's a map I was provided from this site (Kato13)

It is large enough for good detail.

When you are done, please send it along so I can have a look at it.

http://www.thesupplybunker.net/pictu...rike_large.jpg
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM

thank you! i'll use this to make what i need.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Bring on the thunder...

Default Lake Bonneville Map

Hello...

Hey Natehale1971, it's me. I would like to send you a picture that you may find useful for putting Lake Bonneville on the Map. I'll post it right here.

Hopefully this map will help you out. Thanks a bunch.

whassupman03
Old 11-15-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whassupman03 View Post
Hello...

Hey Natehale1971, it's me. I would like to send you a picture that you may find useful for putting Lake Bonneville on the Map. I'll post it right here.

Hopefully this map will help you out. Thanks a bunch.

whassupman03
WOW... thank you. How did you make it?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Bring on the thunder...

Default Lake Bonneville Map (Oh silly me...)

Hello...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
WOW... thank you. How did you make it?
Well I didn't actually make it . I'm not that skilled in computer graphics, so believe it or not I picked it up from an image search on Google. The address is here:

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/da...e-and-Utah.jpg

But thanks for asking. I'm kind of embarrassed ...

whassupman03
Old 11-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Hello...

Well I didn't actually make it . I'm not that skilled in computer graphics, so believe it or not I picked it up from an image search on Google. The address is here:

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/da...e-and-Utah.jpg

But thanks for asking. I'm kind of embarrassed ...

whassupman03
It's okay, don't be. I've been hunting pictures as well. And I've been trying to find a couple that showed Lake Bonneville superimposed over a map of today that will let me make a good map of the lake with the target map that Kato made.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I am actually going to look at that map and see if i can turn the borders of the lake into longitude and latitude coordinates. If I can do that (and to be honest I have very little idea how exactly that would be best accomplished), I might be able to make it an overlay for google maps and google earth.

What would be cool about coordinates is that you could zoom in and pull out and the lake would re-size itself dynamically. I have played around with state and county borders before and the end result is pretty neat.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I am actually going to look at that map and see if i can turn the borders of the lake into longitude and latitude coordinates. If I can do that (and to be honest I have very little idea how exactly that would be best accomplished), I might be able to make it an overlay for google maps and google earth.

What would be cool about coordinates is that you could zoom in and pull out and the lake would re-size itself dynamically. I have played around with state and county borders before and the end result is pretty neat.
Wow. that sounds amazing. i know there is a program that is suppose to show what would happen if water levels rise or lower. but i have no idea what it's name is.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Bring on the thunder...

Default Google Earth Rising Sea Levels v2.0

Hello...

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Wow. that sounds amazing. i know there is a program that is suppose to show what would happen if water levels rise or lower. but i have no idea what it's name is.
Have you tried Google Earth? They might have an add-on where they can show you what Earth will be like with rising sea levels. And this might work, but I'm not sure...

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthread...te_id=1#import

...and I'm not sure because I think it only does the oceans (And possibly the seas). But I hope this helps.

whassupman03
Old 11-16-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Hello...

Have you tried Google Earth? They might have an add-on where they can show you what Earth will be like with rising sea levels. And this might work, but I'm not sure...

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthread...te_id=1#import

...and I'm not sure because I think it only does the oceans (And possibly the seas). But I hope this helps.

whassupman03
I'll see what it can do! Thank you.

Edit: I don't know how to get the thing to work

Last edited by natehale1971; 11-16-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Bring on the thunder...

Default Have you tried this?

Hello...

Hey, it's me. Sorry you can't get it to work, I didn't think it through. It seems that they are still working on that version. They are currently on v2.1, but in the subsequent posts there are people who are having problems with it. If you check those, you might be able to fix your problem.

Anyway, if nothing else works, here is another link that you can try...

http://www.google.com/gadgets/direct..._Animation.xml

I'd try that if nothing works. I'd say that if v2.1 doesn't work, they might have a v1.0 or something like that that does, if they are just making improvements. But of course that didn't work out well on Stargate Universe.

Well I have to go. Take care and have a good day.

whassupman03