RPG Forums

RPG Forums (http://forum.juhlin.com/index.php)
-   Twilight 2000 Forum (http://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Alternate rules system (http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=3371)

weswood 03-12-2012 07:55 AM

Alternate rules system

9 Attachment(s)
Some of ya'll use different rules systems. I thought I'd toss mine out and see what ya'll think. It's a bastardized version of TSR's Top Secret/SI. I added some skills, increased the turns from 1 to 2 second turns, mostly revamped the combat. I've left off the heavy weapons stats, I'm not happy with it, basically its T2.2 I haven't been able to find real players but if anybody wants to playtest it feel free to use it or ask any questions. I'm working on a Wierd West/Civil War timeframe modifying & making new skill & weapon tables.

weswood 03-12-2012 08:00 AM

10 Attachment(s)
And of course I screwed up the upload. newadv should come up after cg2.

more files

weswood 03-12-2012 08:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Last little bit
Hope ya'll like. Any input appreciated

Fusilier 03-12-2012 01:50 PM

Thanks. Will take a closer look at them later.

Fusilier 03-13-2012 07:37 PM

I'm particularly interested in automatic fire and recoil rules. I see the automatic section, but didn't find anything on recoil. Do you not use it? Or have I missed it?

weswood 03-13-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusilier (Post 43907)
I'm particularly interested in automatic fire and recoil rules. I see the automatic section, but didn't find anything on recoil. Do you not use it? Or have I missed it?

I don't use it. I was trying to keep the rules simple and fast. There is a penalty on the character's to hit number for each subsequent round or burst fired in a combat turn though. IE. Snuffy Smith has a Rifle skill of 3 and a Dex of 50. This gives him a 65 to hit, has to roll 65 or less to hit his target. An M16A2 has a ROF of 2/3, or 2 burst of 3 rounds each. 1st burst is at 65%, second is at 55%.

Under the combat2 file, 4th page on the right hand side under Rate of Fire is where it's at. But it applies to all firearms, not just automatics.

Thanks for showing interest.

I was poking around earlier today and found where someone used the same basis system for fantasy rules. It was interesting to see the changes he made as compared to mine.

Fusilier 03-13-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weswood (Post 43911)
I was trying to keep the rules simple and fast.

Well there's nothing wrong with that. Especially for ftf games when its important to keep things moving. I was hung up on how to make the game more lethal but instead of messing around with game mechanics, I just ended up using a larger die like someone here suggested. That was pretty simple.

I'll look through the rest of your stuff... I'll probably try some of it too to see how it works for me. Thanks.