View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
I disagree.

It all depends -the view of the UN is different from place to place and person to person .I believe -based on studies done on this side of the Atlantic that the changes in UN/US relations come from the opposition the US has faced from the UN over the last 3 - 4 decades in regards to its foreign policies .At one time the UN was more aligned with the US in its views and policies , then as a gap between the UN and the US widened a negative perception towards the UN took hold in the US.
Anyways..
That the UN should be the cause of ammo prices going up in the US seems to me to be without grounds.
The UNs work to limit ammo and small arms has nothing at all to do with domestic US policy - its to stem the tide of small arms proliferation into conflicts and wars in the third world.

That any outside party should actually be powerful enough to meddle in US domestic policy or affairs in this way also seems unlikely.

The ammo that you are referring to is more than likely surplus ammo that are present in warzones etc around the globe and that is destroyed to try to keep it from being stockpiled for round two of whatever civil war it was used in .

The law of supply and demand apply - apparently the demand is great so prices are high for some calibers.

Your best option is to try to secure a big load of a caliber you like at a reasonable price first ,and then buy the gun .
The U.N. likes to destroy surplus ammo that could be sold to the U.S. They don't really like our 2nd Amendment. I remember there was this Great UN Gun Debate between this U.N. lady Rebecca Peters and the NRA's Wayne Lapierre that really shows the true colors well. Do I think the U.N. can meddle in U.S. affairs? Yes. Especially when backed with a lot of money, or rich or powerful Americans that agree with these jokers. Actually all calibers are high priced now days, not just military ones. As far as buying ammo first why? I mean I would rather have a club then bullets to throw by hand at people. That is part of the strategy. Get the people to become ok with it. Then take a little more, and a little more, and so on.