View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Kellhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglancy12 View Post
The only places on the Iberian peninsula I imagine getting nuked are Gibraltar and any NATO bases still in use. Of course, I'm imagining the Spanish taking a very hard line neutral position on the war, perhaps totally withdrawing from NATO and forcing a withdraw from the airbases, because they can afford to.
Some soviet documents declassified in the 90's showed we had a few "secondary targets" in our country. From naval and air bases to civilian airports and harbors, to refineries (Tarragona was higher than some bigger ones in other European countries, since it had also a harbor and other chemical plants close by) and shipyards (Galicia).
Even in case of extreme neutrality, only a couple small tac-nukes are needed to avoid these resources to fall in enemy hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sglancy12 View Post
I agree that the Basques would definitely resist a move to have forced conscription.
In this country, most cases of forced conscription have ended in open riots and street battles, and armed forces taking the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
-The incorporation of Spanish Galicia to Portugal would depend of the relative damaged suffered by the two countries in the used timeline. If Spain is untouched by nukes, I think it would not happen. Though Galicia has some nationalist movement, it has not the same "colour" that in Catalonia or in the Basque Country. They will remain (if possible) faithful to Spain. I must add the importance of the Galician naval shipyards for Spain. Anyway I will ask a Galician friend his opinion about the subject in our next roleplaying session. It would be interesting.
Knowing them, it's more likely to have Portugal joining Galicia
Ok, this is only half a joke, not suitable for, or understandable by foreigners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender View Post
I definitely agree and assume than Spain is much as it is described in canon: "Its central government is a shamble, now represented by roving bands of Guardia Civil and military units."
I agree mostly with this.
But only until a foreign soldier (any foreign soldier) tried to occupy any ground or impose it's language and strange customs.