Thread: Personal Gear
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
My players could probably not identify more that 5 weapons and if I were to introduce one to them it would be (it was the one William Fichtner used in Blackhawk down). They are not gear nuts so the weapons themselves are not an issue.
Kato,

Heh, for some reason I had the impression your players would revolt if the canon material and timeline was used! Good to hear it's not an issue with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I respect that you want to keep the weapons and time line unchanged, but if I want to change to non-standard calibers and steel cartridges to reduce the value of stolen weapons and ammo, what difference does it really make. If there is a logical reason in my world for the project to do so, I will.
This isn't an issue of respect for me. That is, I always assume people have logical reasons for what they propose, and no disrespect is intended or implied.

I do think while it's understandable that the Project doesn't want anyone to use captured weapons or ammunition, it would be a logistical nightmare to adopt an oddball cartridge for this end that can't be shared with others nor can teams use common calibres.

Why not equip your teams with nunchaku and "sharks with laser beams attached to their frickin' their heads"? You can make a logical case for almost ahything!

Oh hey, what about this?

To be clear, I'd have fun with almost any game, as long as it was well-run. I think TMP makes a real connection with the canon material, but I still love the post-apoc genre in general.

Tony

Last edited by helbent4; 11-30-2010 at 04:05 AM.