RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Ya know what,
I am damn ashamed of the conduct of SOME on this board. Chico's out there, writing his arse off. The work he puts in is damned good and frankly, addresses some issues GDW couldn't when they wrote the game in 1984. I think had GDW done a 3rd ed, they would have gone the route of the DC working group.

Know what? I am calling some of you out. Leg especially. Don't like what we do? MAN UP AND WRITE SOMETHING YOURSELF! PUT IT OUT THERE FOR OTHERS TO CRITIQUE FOR NO MONEY AND NO RECOGNITION OUTSIDE OF A SMALL GROUP OF LIKE MINDED FANS!

I don't blame Chico for walking away. I am just pissed some of you idjits pushed him to it. Now, either man up and write something, and recognize something: THERE's NOTHING MORE BEING PUBLISHED FOR Twilight 2000 PROPER! 2013 is the new incarnation and it's going in a new direction. So, if you wanna be a canon nazi, the do so, but realize, you're gonna be one lonely cuss.

And as for the GAME comment: Since when the hell does my having fun impact yours here? Don't wanna play it, don't use it, but to run down a guy like Chico for having the balls to do this? To get us together over three years, one of us being deployed downrange and a host of other issues is nothing short of remarkable.

Kato, I humbly throw myself on the mercy of the court if you feel I broke any rules here, but those of you who have hounded Chico? Expect nothing but my contempt.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Weiser View Post
Kato, I humbly throw myself on the mercy of the court if you feel I broke any rules here, but those of you who have hounded Chico? Expect nothing but my contempt.
Aww c'mon man, nobody was hounding Chico. Lets everyone just chill out a bit okay?
Old 08-12-2009, 10:24 AM

I'm with Targan, deep breaths everyone...

I'm hoping Chico isn't going to publish, because were working on stuff, not out of frustration.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Weiser View Post
This is probably a bad time for me to be voicing my opinions as mentally I have a lot of raw nerves exposed due to real life situations, but I feel I have to say something.

My general comment to those who complain is. Go out and put in 1000s hours of work and then give it away and then we can start talking.

Overall I feel complaints about others work are silly. If you don't like it IGNORE it. If some percentage chose a different path from what I chose, great for them.

Do I need to make a separate forum for "non canon" submissions like 2300AD people necessitated.

For some strange reason we are now acting like a traditional forum. Not as venomous of course but it seems to be going down that path.

I also have to say that the characters actions can easily undo canon. If the Corpus Christi is lost with all hands due a stray shot against the saboteur then "canon" has been changed.

Po's detonation of the nuke in Lublin probably changed canon.

If Cutter's ambush succeeds and Reset falls into the hands of the KGB canon would be changed.

A shot killing the Black Baron would invalidate an entire module.

I like options. I like the free exchange of information here. I respect everyone who contributes. I may not agree with everything they say but I try to understand that opinions vary. This board has opened my eyes on certain opinions I have had, and reinforced others. I have seen things posted which I vehemently disagreed with but I still respected the opinion as best I could.

Last edited by kato13; 08-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM

No chico - come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't leave us!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Default I stand with Targan

Hello people

I agree with Targan, take a little time to breath. No reason to jump at each other throats. This has been a friendly (if sometimes pushy) forum and I hope it should remain like that.

Canon is fine, non canon is fine as well. This is a game, a role playing game and canon certainly was never intended to be an absolute. According to the designers themselves "Twilight 2000 is not meant to be a serious projection of future trends, it is escapist entertainment".

Therefore, canon is highly respectful, but it can be changed at will as long as you end up with their first intention: For the entertainment to be complete, players have to be able to engage in "willing suspension of disbelief".

For my part, changing canon has been a long time pleasure. Sharing it, discussing it and reading other players views is another.

Enjoy and good play everyone.

Tags
dc group, united states