RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I REALLY hope that this breaks the trend of disappointing reboots of movies from my childhood that we have seen recently (Looking at you Robocop, Total Recall, Tron, Karate Kid, Willie Wonka, etc). Miller being attached is a very good sign but I still have concerns.

If you want to try the original Mad Max again i recommend the undubbed version. The poor dubbing is certainly a distraction.
The reboot of Tron was actually not so bad, but Robocop, Total Recall, the Karate Kid and Willy Wonka were just awful, as was Red Dawn. I do hope that nobody wants to remake Rambo 1, Apocalypse Now or the Deer Hunter.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
The reboot of Tron was actually not so bad, but Robocop, Total Recall, the Karate Kid and Willy Wonka were just awful, as was Red Dawn. I do hope that nobody wants to remake Rambo 1, Apocalypse Now or the Deer Hunter.
I can't believe I forgot Red Dawn, but I have not seen even one minute of it, my fears of how awful it is are just so great.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:24 PM

At least Dredd was much better movie than the previous attempt at making a Judge Dredd movie.

It might not have a story of as "epic" proportions as the Stallone one, but it was actually a good movie.

The Robocop remake isn't as bad as people make it to be but it just wasn't as good as the old one. They did well at "updating" the movie and even the hated all black paintjob has a good justification. (If some company made a robocop now it WOULD be "tacticool" and black.)
Old 04-16-2015, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askold View Post
At least Dredd was much better movie than the previous attempt at making a Judge Dredd movie.

It might not have a story of as "epic" proportions as the Stallone one, but it was actually a good movie.

The Robocop remake isn't as bad as people make it to be but it just wasn't as good as the old one. They did well at "updating" the movie and even the hated all black paintjob has a good justification. (If some company made a robocop now it WOULD be "tacticool" and black.)

I liked the new Dredd which was far better than Stallone's version back in the 90's and I used to read 2000AD when I was younger. There is some talk about a sequal. I think the original Robocop on the other hand was just better in every way than the new one.