RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are characters allowed to purchase vehicles at creation?
Allow Purchase of Vehicles 23 74.19%
Do Not Allow Purchase of Vehicles 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2016, 08:25 PM
The end is nigh!!!

In a scenario start I was working on the group started out part of an unit overran and they were fleeing with just their personal weapons and a backpack of whatever they could fit in it.

As they fled they overheard on the radio a Captain saying he was ditching the two vehicles in his command in a safe place about 20 klicks away because they were running on fumes. The Captain was captured and the party had to first rescue the Captain and then find the vehicles... and then get fuel and ammo for them. Three mini adventures just at the start of the game. A great way to introduce new people to the game.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Here what I would do

Me: So you guys want a vehcile huh

Group: Yes

Me: Ok here is what you have available, enjoy or go with out

FSM Syrena 105
FSM Syrena R-20
Ford Pinto
Polski 126p
Polski Fiat 126p
Renault 4GTL (Jason Bourne’s Car)
Renault Le Car
Looks like you forgot the Trabant (Or did you leave that out intentionally, to prevent a revolt by your players?)

Major General John Sedgwick, Union Army (1813 - 1864)
Old 03-21-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Magnet View Post
Looks like you forgot the Trabant (Or did you leave that out intentionally, to prevent a revolt by your players?)
Maybe he only allowed the 'Sports Car' version ... the one with the open top!

Phil
Old 03-21-2016, 09:28 PM

Like this one?

Attachment 3685

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem

Last edited by Legbreaker; 04-29-2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
For DC? Dark Conspiracy?
Do you know of another game mentioned on this site initialed "DC" that has matching mechanics?

In Dark Conspiracy, they discuss the notion of returning to cheap manufacture of older (1950s) designs for the masses, while the few elites get (what passed for the notion of) high, sleek technology of the early 21st century.

So, along with collecting vehicles for T2K, I collect data on a panoply of particularly ugly, clunky vehicles. This includes many vehicles built in after WW2, and civilian vehicles in Eastern Europe into the 1990s.

Quote:
Polish civilian vehicles would of course be most common where the game is set, but other vehicles could be there as well: Czech, Slovak, Russian, German, Hungarian, etc.

I can imagine some pretentious officer deciding he wants to use a Benz as "his" vehicle.
The challenge was in answer to the post of pictures of small Polish vehicles. What do you want for 2 days worth of free time?

Besides, as noted, the both Polski Fiats were also produced in Yugoslavia, and the 126 was also built in Germany.

That's the same reason that I did not include the Trabbi, built in East Germany. Nor was this meant to be an exhaustive study of vehicles in Yugoslavia, Romania, or the USSR, though I have some information on some of those.

I posted some Soviet vehicles in this topic, and a VW microbus in this one (your characters will need to bring their own shovels and rakes and implements of destruction).

I absolutely agree with you on the Mercedes Benz or any halfway toward luxury car seized.

Equally, I am sure that anyone stuck walking as the war runs on will try to seize anything that runs and use it as long as they can get away with it.

And there is a fun small scenario idea for Austria (or Berlin) - Soviets invade, and seize the official limo of the Mayor of Linz; local guerillas aim to take it back (or destroy it) as an official poke in the eye of the occupier.

An alternative scenario is some stalwart warriors of the Red Army trying to seize a luxury vehicle or two from an army impound lot to bring home as war booty, hidden on a 5-ton truck under canvas or some other more clever PC-devised plan.

Or both happening at once.....

Uncle Ted

Last edited by unkated; 03-22-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: corrected quote.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkated View Post
Do you know of another game mentioned on this site initialed "DC" that has matching mechanics?
I've never had the opportunity to play Dark Conspiracy, or even to look at the rules, so I know nothing of the mechanics of the game.
And, DC can stand for several things. I asked to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding.

Quote:
The challenge was in answer to the post of pictures of small Polish vehicles. What do you want for 2 days worth of free time?
Oh, I wasn't complaining. I understood right off, that your file was strictly for Polish vehicles. Please excuse any misunderstanding that may have come from my wording. I brought up the other Eastern European vehicles in the sense of "If someone has the time and inclination, this might be a nifty idea." I didn't mean to imply that it "HAD" to be done.

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you on the Mercedes Benz or any halfway toward luxury car seized.
Yeah, that was just the first make of high end vehicle that came to mind.

Quote:
Equally, I am sure that anyone stuck walking as the war runs on will try to seize anything that runs and use it as long as they can get away with it.
Definitely.

Major General John Sedgwick, Union Army (1813 - 1864)