RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2014, 11:01 AM

Default TW2013 vehicle errata + questions

Hi all!

When there still was the 93 games studios forum, there was a post on vehicle errata. It basically focused on tactical movement (vehicle movement in ticks rather than one movement for the EoF) and had the vehicle AV redesigned.

I've got three questions: is that errata available as an .pdf file somewhere?

What would be the proper AV for technicals and gun trucks (see, the uparmoured tactical trucks got their AV tweaked a bit)?

Third one is more of a suggestion. When a pc group drives into an ambush, I was thinking about not using the tactical movement values per se, but to convert the speed of the vehicle into ticks. The way it seems to me is that every 10km/h is a 8m in a move action. Thus a car driving 80km/h would cross 64 meters in a single move action. For me it seems to work well, because we use metric system with 1/285 minis and a battlemap (about 8m per hex in the same scale).

I would, however, need a simple guideline in case for an event that a vehicle skids from a highway. Of course it would then have a different modifier for the terrain, paved vs. offroad. Usually this would lead to more than a x3 factor in safe speed, that could inflict even another penalty level. Trying to get back to the lane would be a driving task for the next move action with the penalties. The errata says: "At each speed declaration, a vehicle can accelerate or decelerate a maximum of one multiple of its safe tactical speed." This declaration is an action by the driver at the start of the EoF. How would the terrain affect the speed declaration?