RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2021, 11:09 PM

Default New member, oddly specific question

I was actually in the US Army during the period covered by T2K.

I was a tanker from 1990-2006, retiring then due to an injury, and was in Germany from 1990-1992. We used to play T2K in the barracks there. Later in my career I was assigned to the California Army Guard's HQ in Sacramento during the work week and to C/1-149 AR in Santa Cruz for drill weekends, part of 40th ID's 3rd Brigade.

One of my accomplishments while in Sacramento was helping the state aquire the MP Brigade headquarters that became the 49th MP Brigade, featured in some of the T2K lore.

This means that, if things really had gone as detailed in T2K's backstory I would have deployed with 40th ID to Europe so I've always been interested in what happened to it.

THe "last" lthing I've ever found published was that 40ID was reorganized after heavy casualties due to nuke attacks, with the majority of the manuver units and personnel falling in on 1BDE, and the rest being sent to reform the Division in Oregon, eventually moving back to California.

The last we hear of 1BDE was that it was in Austria as of July 2000. However, not much is published (I don't think) about Austria except for the capital moving to Salzberg after the being invaded by Italy (I think it was) and the Soviets.

So, my question: HAS anything been published that I've missed over the years that explains what happened to Austria and the 1/40 ID after July 2000?